Social Security Advocate/Training Coordinator
Responsible to: Director of Workforce Development and Operations Manager
Position Goal: To be part of a team providing Representative Payee services to Individuals Thresholds serves by tracking and following up on Social Security Administration/Supplemental Security Income benefits. Additionally, tracking and reporting Agency trainings for various audits.
An Ideal Candidate:
• Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office applications as well as online applications.
• Communicates effectively, courteously, and patiently with a variety of people, including persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
• Is highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Analyzes complex information and exercise independent judgment
• Demonstrates skill in managing multiple tasks to a high degree.
• Has a welcoming demeanor and pleasant phone personality
• Responds appropriately to emergency situations and exercises good judgment to maintain a safe work environment.
• Has social work experience and/or experience with SSI/SSA benefits for persons served.
• Has 3-5 years office experience with increasing responsibility.
• Can change routine and processes in a positive and flexible manner.
• Is willing to work flexible hours when necessary. Hours can vary greatly.
• Adequate hearing comprehension for phone use
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Must have active range of motion of all extremities
• Adequate visual sharpness to perform essential job duties
Social Security Advocate
• Establish and maintain Social Security eligibility for all Representative Payee clients of the agency
o Facilitate Social Security Administration (SSA) income and Continuing Disability interviews
o Complete, submit, maintain and update required documents including
Disability benefits application
Process new Representative Payee applications
Level of Care form
o Maintain and provide regular Representative Payee reports to Social Security online website.
o Track and document changes in benefits
o Coordinate and document SSA/SSI benefit awards letters
o Contact client, guardian, parent on SSA issues as needed
Agency Training Coordinator:
• Participate in monthly Regional training meetings to
o Represent provider training needs and concerns
o Help shape the regional training program
o Stay current on all training requirements
• Schedule, track, and monitor trainings for staff in all of Thresholds’ departments
• Communicate regularly, proactively and effectively with all staff to ensure they complete trainings within required timelines.
• Provide department/home supervisors regular updates on their staff’s training completion status, and assist in problem-solving staff training challenges.
• Prepare staff training proofs for all external reviews (Licensing, LRE, CARF)
• Continue to streamline training processes using electronic applications
• Coordinate with agency trainer to schedule the MANDT, CPR/1st Aid and any other necessary in-person trainings.
• Research, secure, coordinate and schedule trainings for All-Staff and other meetings to meet agency knowledge needs and/or external requirements.
This is a part-time, hourly position, approximately 20-29 hours per week but may vary from week to week. Hours could increase as Representative Payee needs increase. This position allows for remote work, as determined by the supervisor and agency needs.