Registered Nurse – OBRA program
Thresholds, Inc., a local non-profit organization, is dedicated to the care, skill teaching, and guidance for people who are challenged with Intellectual, developmental, and physical disabilities. Our support for the community is dependent on the compassion of our team. At Thresholds you can make a difference in the residents’ lives every day!
The nurse will complete comprehensive nursing assessments, as needed for adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, who are referred for Pre-Admission Screenings, as required for placement into nursing facilities. The nurse will also complete nursing assessments, as needed, for Annual Resident Reviews for adults served by Thresholds who are currently residing in nursing facilities in Kent County. This is a part-time, variable hour position.
• An RN licensed to practice in the State of Michigan
• Experience working with adults who have intellectual and developmental disability preferred
• Valid and legal Michigan Driver’s license
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours required.
• Ability to complete assessments within a quick timeline.
• Ability to work effectively within a team context is essential
• Knowledge of adult psychiatric illness including psychotherapeutic medications preferred.
• Independently drives personal car.
• Communicates both orally and in writing with person’s served, other agencies, co-workers, etc.
• Engage in meetings with a high level of concentration over extended periods of time.
• Normal hearing for conversations, telephone use, and emergency information systems
• Visual acuity, depth perception, and field of vision within normal range.
• Must be able to move safely about work area.
What you will get to do:
• Complete comprehensive nursing assessments, as needed for Annual Resident Reviews of adults residing in nursing homes who are identified as intellectually or developmentally disabled.
• Complete comprehensive nursing assessments, as needed, for Pre-Admission Screenings for adults who are identified as intellectually or developmentally disabled.
• Works in conjunction with other agency OBRA staff to effectively coordinate and communicate assessments and report recommendations.
• May provide consultation and training to nursing home staff, as part of the OBRA team.
• Comply with all documentation requirements on behalf of the person served in accordance with the applicable policies and procedures of the Nursing Home, Thresholds, or the local or State Mental Health Agencies.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other agency administrator.
Apply today … If you are someone who enjoys working with people and enjoy having a positive impact on individuals and the community, then this job is for you. We are looking for energetic, hardworking individuals open to a new challenge. The Individuals we serve can’t wait to meet you.
Part-Time, variable hours.