Licensed Masters Social Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: OBRA Coordinator
POSITION GOAL: The social worker will complete comprehensive psychosocial, and psychiatric assessments, as needed for adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, who are referred for Pre-Admission Screenings, as required for placement into nursing facilities. The social worker will also complete psychosocial, and psychiatric assessments, as needed, for Annual Resident Reviews for adults served by Thresholds who are currently residing in nursing facilities in Kent County.
1. MSW fully licensed to practice in the State of Michigan.
2. Experience working with adults who have an intellectual or developmental disability preferred.
3. Valid and legal Michigan driver’s license and personal vehicle required.
4. Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
5. Ability to complete assessments within quick timelines.
6. Ability to work effectively within a team context is essential.
7. Knowledge of adult psychiatric illness including psychotherapeutic medications preferred.
1. Independently drives personal car.
2. Communicates both orally and in writing with persons served, other agencies, co-workers, etc.
3. Engages in meetings with a high level of concentration over extended periods of time.
4. Understands and follows instructions.
5. Normal hearing required for conversation, telephone use, and emergency information systems.
6. Visual acuity, depth perception, and field of vision within normal range.
7. Must be independently mobile on all surfaces and situations.
8. Must be able to move safely about work area.
9. Must be able to navigate online appointments/meetings via Zoom, Go-to meetings, or Microsoft Teams.
1. Complete comprehensive psychosocial and psychiatric assessments, as needed, for Annual Resident Reviews of adults residing in nursing homes who are identified as intellectually or developmentally disabled
2. Complete comprehensive psychosocial and psychiatric assessments, as needed, for Pre-Admission Screenings for adults who are identified as intellectually or developmentally disabled.
3. Works in conjunction with other agency OBRA staff to effectively coordinate and communicate assessments and report recommendations.
4. May provide consultation and training to nursing home staff, and other agencies as part of the OBRA team.
5. Become familiar with community resources and fully utilize them on behalf of each person served.
6. Comply with policies, procedures and standards established by Thresholds, network180, the Lakeshore Regional Entity, MDHHS and relevant Federal, State, and City Departments.
7. Represent the Agency in various meetings, speaking engagements, or trainings as assigned.
8. Comply with all documentation requirements on behalf of the person-served in accordance with the applicable policies and procedures of the Nursing Home, Thresholds, or the local or State Mental Health Agencies.
9. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other agency administrator.