Posting Date: 2/1/2019
Organization: Thresholds, Inc.
City Position is located: Grand Rapids
Mission Statement: To enable children and adults who have developmental disabilities to live as productively and independently as possible in the community.
Thresholds assists adults who have an intellectual/developmental disability, by promoting community inclusion, participation, independence and/or productivity. A central function is to assist the individual in utilizing natural supports and in gaining access to necessary services as developed through the person-centered process. Thresholds provides services to individuals in Kent County. The annual budget of Thresholds is $10 million with over 300 employees. For additional information, please see our website at: www.threshnet.org.
The President/CEO must possess strong business administration and leadership abilities, experience and knowledge in the areas of non-profit management, as well as building and sustaining an organizational culture that promotes program development and prioritization of services. Experience with persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities is desired. He/she must demonstrate proficiency in personal presentation and professional relationships.
- Desire a master’s degree in a field of business administration or social/human services or a master’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field of study with a minimum of five years non-profit management.
- Must possess adequate oral and written communication skills to perform all listed duties.
- Must submit to a Michigan State Police Department criminal background check, state and national sexual assault registry check and Central Registry Clearance resulting in a no criminal history finding.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic missions and visions.
- Appreciation of diversity and sensitivity to people of varying lifestyles, ethnicity, and religious groups.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- The President/CEO is employed by the Board of Directors and is directly responsible to the Board for his/her performance.
- Maintain a leadership role in promoting the mission, vision and philosophy of the organization.
- Carry overall responsibility for budget development and fiscal management (P&L) and ensures the future of Thresholds through long-range financial planning processes.
- Maintain a leadership role in working to ensure the agency’s plans, policies and procedures are current and reflective of the vision and scope of the organization.
- Work to achieve and maintain a positive, visible image, including sound relationships with other relevant community organizations, ensuring that Thresholds is known as a valued human service agency.
- The ability to adapt and manage change through innovation and awareness.
- Write and/or review government, foundation, or other grants to ensure adequate support of new or ongoing programs.
- Maintain leadership of internal quality assurance processes to ensure quality and quantity of services remains compliant with grant/contract requirements.
- Promote leadership and professional development amongst staff.
- Maintain a culture of care for the individuals served by the organization.
- Maintain authority for hiring and termination decisions in day to day operations in compliance with quality assurance standards and contract requirements.
- Follow all Board Policies and Procedures.
- Perform additional duties as prescribed by the Board of Directors.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com by February 28, 2019.
Thresholds is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.