Assistant Home Supervisor
|Thresholds, Inc., a local non-profit organization, is dedicated to the care, skill teaching, and guidance for people who are challenged with developmental and physical disabilities. Our support for the community is dependent on the compassion of our care team. At Thresholds you are able to make a difference in the residents’ lives every day!
We are now hiring for an Assistant Home Supervisor for an all-male group home located in the Grand Rapids area. Experience with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities, as well as behavioral issues is preferred. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefit package. Paid trainings are provided/required. Please visit www.threshnet.org. or submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide safe and secure environment for persons served and staff.
· Collaborates in day-to-day planning/development of person served programming implementation of programs.
· Assists in the teaching of persons served/family. This may include social skills, daily living skills and behavioral coping skills.
· May assist persons served with personal care. This can include bathing, shaving, washing hands, using the bathroom, dressing, etc.
· Is responsible to actively participate in safety management, crisis intervention and prevention. This also may include monitoring, assessment, and de-escalation,
· Routine contact with external case managers and guardians/family members
· Complete reports and paperwork as needed.
· May learn and help to accomplish treatment plans and goals of persons served.
· Mentor and train new staff.
· Performs other duties or functions as assigned.
Apply today … If you are someone who enjoys working with people and enjoy having a positive impact on individuals and the community, then this job is for you. We are looking for energetic, hardworking individuals open to a new challenge. Our residents can’t wait to meet you! To be considered for employment, an employment application must be completed at: http://www.threshnet.org.
Job Type: Full-time, Required education: High School or equivalent